Are you passionate about technology and social change? Obsessed with writing engaging calls to action? See a direct link between reading the news and getting involved? If so, we’ll probably really like you. Speakable, a NYC-based startup, is hiring an Impact Manager to drive product engagement with our NGO and publisher partners.
Speakable is a technology company on a mission to make civic engagement more accessible. Our first product, Action Button, is changing how the world reads the news by enabling readers to take instant action on news stories. Our algorithm matches the right civic and charitable actions to engaging content, enabling readers to impact the issues they care about directly from the article page (see Action Button live on HuffPo, Time & Guardian). We have core relationships with key international news outlets and have already launched Action Button across five major publishers, with huge expansion across digital channels planned for 2017. We are looking for smart, creative thinkers who are entrepreneurial, critical of the current experiences around them and energized to reimagine the way news, brands and civic causes mesh in the digital world.
Speakable is a small, super passionate, VC-backed startup who know we’ve got a big idea on our hands. We have a vision for the future where people don’t even remember news they couldn’t take action on, by creating the next generation of the hyperlink. We are a close-knit team who respect and rely on the unique talents of each team member, united around a common mission.
What You’ll Do
Reporting directly to the COO, the Impact Manager will work with Speakable’s Publisher and NGO partners to drive a comprehensive editorial and campaign strategy:
Publisher Partner Growth:
- Determine which publisher partners to pursue. Manage an ever-growing database of prospective targets.
- Actively pitch our product to publishers and help close new accounts.
- Manage client accounts and keep publishers happy. Expand our scope of work with publishers where possible, and solicit feedback to inform our product build.
- Help design reports that demonstrate our value to publishers.
NGO Partner Growth:
- Determine which NGO partners to pursue. Manage, implement and grow our ecosystem of NGO partners.
- Actively pitch our product to NGOs and close new partnerships.
- Create reports and track data to evaluate campaign success with each NGO.
Editorial Oversight of Action Button & User Engagement:
- Write and publish new Action Buttons on partner articles every day.
- Help track average monthly users and actions.
- Work closely with the Product team to assist development of the user journey.
- Manage our social media intern.
Roles & Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate is someone who navigates campaigning like a boss, cares about where the world is going, and is bold enough to know that they can change it. Great candidates will have:
- Excellent writing (and all around communication) skills: Doesn’t matter if it’s written, spoken, texted, tweeted, posted — your grammar is always on point and your content is on fire. You are the person who writes Action Buttons and posts them into the media every day, so you should enjoy writing engaging copy that inspires people to take action. You are versatile enough to tailor language or tone depending on Publishers’ preferences. Visual/graphic design is a plus!
- Excellent relationship-building and account management skills: You are the person who turns no into yes, or at least maybe. You know how to build relationships, demonstrate the value of a product, and keep clients happy.
- Collaborator: You like to work cross-functionally and thrive on brainstorm sessions, providing important client feedback on our product as we build it out.
- Creativity: You like to make things cool, fun, and engaging. You enjoy being creative and are always thinking of new ways to reach people, particularly when it comes to technology.
- Data-oriented: You balance your creativity with hard numbers and science. When you recommend a product direction to the team, you bring data!
- A hustler attitude: You’re a self-starter, you get things done, and you can anticipate what’s next. You might have worked in media or startups in the past and enjoy being an entrepreneur for your own vertical.
- Flexibility: At a startup, things can change — fast. Great team members are comfortable with the shifting landscape of an early-stage startup.
- Based in NYC.
- 2-5 years experience in tech startups, media or non-profits.
- A passion for civic engagement and social impact.
- Experience working in campaigns, newsrooms, or as a journalist.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit space.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- A fun and supportive team on a great mission
To apply please send a CV, cover letter, and any examples of your work to: [email protected].