Speakable is a technology company on a mission to make civic engagement more accessible. Our first product, Action Button, is changing how the world reads the news by enabling readers to take instant action on news stories. Our algorithm matches the right civic and charitable actions to engaging content, enabling readers to impact the issues they care about directly from the article page (see Action Button live on HuffPo, Time & Guardian). We have core relationships with key international news outlets and have already launched Action Button across five major publishers, with huge expansion across digital channels planned for 2017. We are looking for smart, creative thinkers who are entrepreneurial, critical of the current experiences around them and energized to reimagine the way news, brands and civic causes mesh in the digital world.
Where You Come In
At Speakable, we put users first. We are seeking a designer who can help define a product vision and strategy that revolutionizes the way people take action and support causes they care about. This role will utilize both technical and creative skills to shape a UX users love, thereby supporting our goal of increasing the number of people taking action each day.
- Lead design strategy for Action Button. Bridge the technical and design worlds to create a product that users love, increasing click-through rate across publishers.
- Help iterate the mobile-view of Action Button to ensure it is fully optimized.
- Help design a new consumer-facing website for Speakable.
- Oversee a suite of visual design elements that can be used across product, communications tools, and social media.
- Incorporate market research to inform your design strategy.
Skills and Experience
- We care less about years of experience and more about experience beyond your years! Your energy and enthusiasm for the product is what matters most.
- Enthusiasm for creating intuitive and effective user interfaces, mockups and wireframes.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of user-first design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications.
- An understanding and interest in the technologies we use to build Action Button (HTML/CSS/JS).
- Experience working with publishers is a plus.
- Experience or interest in data visualization is a plus.
- Send us your portfolio so we can get a sense of your aesthetic!
- Part-time position in New York (about 20 hours/week) with potential to become full-time.
- Reporting to: Head of Product
- Compensation: Hourly or Weekly
To apply please send a CV, cover letter, and any examples of your work to: [email protected].