Social Media Intern
Speakable is a technology company on a mission to make civic engagement more accessible. Our first product, Action Button, is changing how the world reads the news by enabling readers to take instant action on news stories. Our algorithm matches the right civic and charitable actions to engaging content, enabling readers to impact the issues they care about directly from the article page (see Action Button live on HuffPo, Time & Guardian). We have core relationships with key international news outlets and have already launched Action Button across five major publishers, with huge expansion across digital channels planned for 2017. We are looking for smart, creative thinkers who are entrepreneurial, critical of the current experiences around them and energized to reimagine the way news, brands and civic causes mesh in the digital world.
Where You Come In
At Speakable, we put users first. We are seeking a social media intern who can help define a social strategy that revolutionizes the way people take action and support causes they care about. This role will utilize both technical and creative skills to shape our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and possibly Snapchat channels, supporting our goal of increasing the number of people taking action each day.
- Lead social media strategy for Action Button, specifically across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and possibly Snapchat.
- Create engaging social media content and monitor its performance.
- Help think through the new B-to-C approach our company is taking and how it can be magnified through social.
- Contribute to our website redesign project.
Skills and Experience
- We care less about years of experience, we care about experience beyond your years! We give our interns a ton of autonomy and leadership - just ask the amazing interns who work here 😀. We are looking for someone to take this role and run with it. Your energy and enthusiasm for the product is what matters most.
- Experience building a brand on social media.
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube.
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience working with publishers, digital content, nonprofits or fundraising a plus.
- Part-time position in New York (about 20 hours/week) with potential to become full-time
- Reporting to: Head of Impact
- Total integration with the team - weekly meetings, lunches, and happy hours!
- Compensation: Hourly
To apply please send a CV, cover letter, and any examples of your work to: [email protected].